remix culture: exploring our ideas
For today’s class students have made the first drafts of their video “trailers” and have an idea what they want their projects to be about. We’re going to look at the videos, and discuss ideas. We’ll also begin putting ideas together – I’ve set up a shared site (a wiki with simpler editing) in Wetpaint so we can all easily add text. So far Wetpaint seems kind of slow and full of ads but if we like using it I’ll upgrade to get rid of the ads. When we can see everyone’s ideas it will be easier to see where the gaps are and what other kinds of research we need to think about. I know some people are still struggling to figure out what they want to do, so this should be helpful for them too!
As a reminder, here’s our stuff:
- Our Netvibes page with the latest blog posts (and videos) and links to Diigo
- The syllabus and schedule
- Our Wetpaint site with collated project ideas
- Tasks due in the next few weeks
- Form for entering info about five research articles each