I love talking about my research, and have given hundreds of talks for audiences ranging from technology companies to teachers to the cultural sector – and academics too of course. I am equally comfortable speaking in English or Norwegian. My family moved from Australia to Bergen in Norway when I was a kid, so I’m fully bilingual.
Here are some videos of me on stage. Follow the links, or scroll down for videos embedded in this page.
- In Norwegian: Explaining why art is essential for AI research on the main stage at Arendalsuka (August 2023)
- In Norwegian: 10 minute talk on ChatGPT and cultural bias for UiB AI (February 2023)
- In English: Short talking head video explaining my research paper on algorithmic failure as a humanities method (2022)
- In English: 15 minute talk on caring AIs in science fiction for the academic conference Critical Borders: Radical (Re)visions of AI at the University of Cambridge. (Here is the blog post I wrote about that talk!)
- In Norwegian: 10 minute talk about challenges for digitising democratically for the annual national meeting of top politicians throughout Norway (Kommunalpolitisk toppmøte) 2018)
- In English: Talking about Snapchat at MIT Open Documentary Lab in 2018.
- In English: TEDxBergen talk about wearables and how we measure ourselves through social media (October 2014)
Recent academic keynotes
- 6-8 December 2023, Copenhagen: Keynote at the conference Generative Methods – AI as collaborator and companion in the social sciences and humanities.
- 7 September 2023, Rome: Keynote at ACM Hypertext 2023.
- 5-6 June 2023, Tromsø: Keynote at NORA 2023 – Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium
- 15 August 2023, Arendal: Introductory lecture for panel debate on art and AI in the main program at Arendalsuka.
- 22-23 October 2020, online: Keynote at the Norwegian Media Researcher conference (Medieforskerkonferansen)