Yesterday I was fiddling with colours, toying with stylesheets and thinking to myself how much easier it is to refurbish a blog than to, say, paint my kitchen. Then I started counting the hours I’ve spent learning MoveableType, adapting templates, rebuilding stylesheets, dabbling with colours. It adds up to at least the 3-4 hours a day for five days it took me to paint the kitchen. At least I don’t have to put up with the smell of drying paint. And I can use the kitchen.
Amazingly the blog refurbishing (still, incidentally, transitional) has coincided with a burst of writing on my thesis. Which I’ve promised myself will be absolutely utterly done by the end of April. Yup.