- Jean Burgess explains why she’s deleting her Facebook account – and how difficult it is to do.
- Strange video overlay of many, many attempts to complete a Super Mario Bros level. Via Kottke, who also notes several other examples of videos representing multiple times at once.
- A problem with silicone baking trays might be that it’s hard to get the soap all rinsed off them?
- Kevin Anderson gave a talk on blogs and the US elections, and his blog post about it includes lots of useful links and notes.
- Datalagringsdirektivet.no is a website dedicated to the controversial Data Retention Directive, the EU proposal to store all data about our internet and mobile phone usage (connections, who, when, IP numbers, protocols etc, not the actual content of our emails and such) for up to two years with no cause for suspicion. This directive may become Norwegian law by the end of the year. I hope not. Bente Kalsnes has more links to info.