Jilly spotlightOh my. Today’s choice is of spot lights and down lights. The kitchen and dining area will have those elegant lights sunk into the ceiling (downlights in Norwegian, who knows what they’re called in English), and the hall and one bedrooom will have spot lights on tracks. The sofa area will have more intimate lighting. Doesn’t that sound sexy? So anyway, I’m choosing spot lights, and look, one of the suggestions is called Jilly. Of course I find it the most beautiful. But oh my, they’re expensive… Might have to keep looking.

1 Comment

  1. Radagast

    At least where I am (Southern California), lights sunk into the ceiling are often called can lights, though I’ve also seen them described as recessed lights or recessed can lights. We plan on using them liberally during our remodeling.

Leave A Comment

Recommended Posts

Triple book talk: Watch James Dobson, Jussi Parikka and me discuss our 2023 books

Thanks to everyone who came to the triple book talk of three recent books on machine vision by James Dobson, Jussi Parikka and me, and thanks for excellent questions. Several people have emailed to asked if we recorded it, and yes we did! Here you go! James and Jussi’s books […]

Image on a black background of a human hand holding a graphic showing the word AI with a blue circuit board pattern inside surrounded by blurred blue and yellow dots and a concentric circular blue design.
AI and algorithmic culture Machine Vision

Four visual registers for imaginaries of machine vision

I’m thrilled to announce another publication from our European Research Council (ERC)-funded research project on Machine Vision: Gabriele de Setaand Anya Shchetvina‘s paper analysing how Chinese AI companies visually present machine vision technologies. They find that the Chinese machine vision imaginary is global, blue and competitive.  De Seta, Gabriele, and Anya Shchetvina. “Imagining Machine […]

Do people flock to talks about ChatGPT because they are scared?

Whenever I give talks about ChatGPT and LLMs, whether to ninth graders, businesses or journalists, I meet people who are hungry for information, who really want to understand this new technology. I’ve interpreted this as interest and a need to understand – but yesterday, Eirik Solheim said that every time […]