Bookchin and Shulgin’s DIY guide to creating net.art should work pretty well for the aspiring blogger as well. I’d particularly note the Promotional Techniques:
- Attend and participate in major media art festivals, conferences and exhibitions.
- Do not under any circumstances admit to paying entry fees, travel expenses or hotel accommodations.
- Avoid traditional forms of publicity. e.g. business cards.
- Do not readily admit to any institutional affiliation.
- Create and control your own mythology.
- Contradict yourself periodically in email, articles, interviews and in informal off-the-record conversation.
- Be sincere.
- Subvert (self and others).
- Maintain consistency in image and work.