what I’ve been up to
Back to school for heads of (small) departments means:
- Plan your teaching for the semester. As usual.
- Coordinate orientation meetings.
- Write a report about how the department will nurture research in next year.
- Write a report evaluating the MA program.
- Follow up on reorganisation plans. Remind people we exist.
- Realise since everyone wants to use other teaching rooms than the one with the built in projector (because built-in-projector room has no windows and not enough seats for students) we now need more projectors. Frantic emails. Wish someone (like me) had thought of this earlier.
- Realise can buy new projector. Arrange for one to be bought and installed in pleasant teaching room. Consider where money will come from.
- Plan department seminars.
- Set up roster for leading writing group for MA students.
- Nag bookshop about more copies of dossier due to more students than expected.
- Make sure Facade is installed in computer lab.
- Arrange office space for people.
- Try to get some research done.
I’ve done or am doing most of these things. It’s under control. It just takes way more time than I wish it would.
2 thoughts on “what I’ve been up to”
Don’t forget your friends at fabrikkgaten on your days working
with research. we have coffee.
Ooh, yes! 🙂